Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Musicians You Should Know: HEADNODIC

Headnodic is one of the most prolific artists I’ve ever met. He’s been responsible for a staggering amount of great music with his longtime crew Crown City Rockers, as one of the most in-demand and innovative modern producers and beat makers and as one of my favorite bass players. Headnod is 1/3 of the hip-hop supergroup The Mighty Underdogs along with Gift of Gab and Lateef the Truthspeaker as well as being part of dozens of other high profile recording and live projects. Oh and he’s been known to produce music to entire albums in one night.
Headnodic is realeasing a new Psych/Jazz/Fusion/Rock record “The Iguana” on Oct. 23rd…check the links below and familiarize yourself with a music maker you should definitely know.






1.What’s been your “jam” lately? (song or artist or album etc)
Flying Lotus, Electric Light Orchestra, & Ike Reiko – Koktsu no Seka
2.What was the first album you bought?
Madonna – Self titled…
or actually the “Star Wars – Read-A-Long Storybook”
(when you hear this sound “Bloopohdeebeepdeeboop, doodweeoo” turn the page).
3.Can you think of any non-musical things that inspire or influence your music?
Everything
4.When was the last time you got nervous on stage?
At Fuji-Rock in front of thousands (which was fine), then I look to my left, and MadLib, Amp Fiddler, Prefuse 73, and a gang of other music makers we’re watching us.  Or when Dr. Dre came to see our set at the Temple Bar in L.A…
he left mid-set :(
5.Out of the shows you’ve performed, what are a few of the most memorable musical experiences of 2012 ?  How bout memorable show’s you’ve seen in 2012?
My “Red Line Radio” CD release party w/ Crown City Rockers, The Mighty Underdogs, Skins & Needles… Fun times.
I seen Stevie Wonder at Outsidelands, That was pretty cool.  But my favorite new ish is having bands I like come to my house and perform for me (audience of one), while I film it and make it into this:

No comments:

Post a Comment